City Commission Meeting
- Date: 08/14/2017 5:30 PM - 10:00 PM
- Location: City Hall - Commission Room
121 N Rouse Ave
Bozeman, Montana 59715
THE CITY COMMISSION MEETING OF BOZEMAN, MONTANA
Monday, August 14, 2017
A. Call to Order – 5:30 PM EARLY START TIME - Commission Room, City Hall, 121 North Rouse
B. Executive Session
- Save Bozeman, Inc. et al. v. City of Bozeman (Cause DV-17-665C)
The City Commission may close all or portions of this agenda item to the public pursuant to Sect. 2-3-203(4)(a), MCA, if the Commission determines the meeting involves a discussion of litigation strategy and an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the litigation position of the City.
C. Pledge of Allegiance and a Moment of Silence
D. Changes to the Agenda
- Authorize Payment of Accounts Payable Claims for Goods and Services (LaMeres)
- Approval of Depository Bonds and Pledged Securities as of June 30, 2017 (Clark)
- Authorize the Interim City Manager to Sign a Professional Services Agreement with Land Solutions, LLC for Development Review Services (Saunders)
- Authorize the Interim City Manager to Sign Amendment Number 1 to the Professional Services Agreement and Task Order 3 with Leland Consulting Group for Midtown Economic Development and Corridor Revitalization Expertise (Fine)
- Resolution 4815, Adoption of the Bozeman Pond Park Expansion Master Plan (Poissant)
- Resolution 4837, Creating an Annual Transfer from the Parking Services Operating Reserve to the Parking Services Long Term Maintenance Reserve (Meece)
Consider the motion: I move to approve Consent Items 1-6 as submitted.
F. Public Comment - Please state your name and address in an audible tone of voice for the record. This is the time for individuals to comment on matters falling within the purview of the Bozeman City Commission. There will also be an opportunity in conjunction with each agenda item for comments pertaining to that item. Please limit your comments to three minutes.
G. Mayoral Proclamation
H. Special Presentation
- Navy Week
I. Action Items
- Decision Regarding Initiation of Legislative Zoning Process to Affirm and Readopt the Inclusion of Subchapter 4B (Guidelines for the B3 Commercial Character Area) into the Design Guidelines for the Bozeman Neighborhood Conservation Overlay District (NCOD) (D. Taylor / Matsen / Sullivan)
Consider the motion: I hereby move to direct the City Manager to commence a process that will present the City Commission for its consideration a resolution or ordinance affirming and readopting the inclusion of Subchapter 4B (Guidelines for the B3 Commercial Character Area) into the Design Guidelines for the Bozeman Neighborhood Conservation Overlay District (NCOD).
- Resolution 4816, Establishing a 17% Increase to Street Maintenance District Assessments for Fiscal Year 2018 (FY18) (Donald)
Consider the motion: I move to adopt Resolution 4816, establishing a 17% increase in Street Maintenance District Assessments for FY 2018, making the assessment rate $0.025506 per assessable square foot.
- Resolution 4817, Establishing a 63% Increase to Arterial & Collector Street Maintenance District Assessments for Fiscal Year 2018 (FY18) (Donald)
Consider the motion: I move to adopt Resolution 4817, establishing a 63% increase in Arterial and Collector Street Maintenance District Assessments for FY 2018, making the assessment rate $.008900 per assessable square foot.
- Resolution 4818, Establishing a 15% Increase to Tree Maintenance District Assessments for Fiscal Year 2018 (FY18) (Donald)
Consider the motion: I move to adopt Resolution 4818, establishing a 15% increase in Tree Maintenance District Assessments for FY 2018 making the assessment rate $.003312 per assessable foot.
- Ordinance 1974 Provisional Adoption, Regulating Short Term Rentals (Stambaugh / Winn)
Consider the motion #1: Having reviewed and considered the proposed ordinance, public comment, recommendation from the Zoning Commission, and all the information presented, I hereby adopt the findings presented in the staff report for application 17185 and move to provisionally adopt Ordinance 1974.
Consider the motion #2: Having provisionally adopted Ordinance 1974, I move to direct staff to bring back a fee resolution and take all other steps necessary to implement short term rental regulations consistent with the provisionally adopted ordinance.
- Staff Recommendation on Strategic Plan Process (D. Taylor)
Consider the motion: No motion is required. Advertised as an Action Item so that the Commission may direct staff as necessary.
- Appointment to the City Planning Board (Crough)
Consider the motion: I move to appoint one member to the City Planning Board to a City Commission Appointment position expiring on January 31, 2019.
- Appointment(s) to the Northeast Urban Renewal Board (NURB) (Crough)
Consider the motion: I move to appoint up to two members to the Northeast Urban Renewal Board to the following positions and terms:
One non-voting position with a term ending July 31, 2019,
One non-voting position with a term ending July 31, 2020, and/or
One non-voting position with a term ending July 31, 2021.
City Commission meetings are open to all members of the public. If you have a disability that requires assistance, please contact our Interim ADA Coordinator, Chuck Winn, at 582-2307 (TDD 582-2301).
Commission meetings are televised live on cable channel 190 and streamed live at www.bozeman.net. City Commission meetings are re-aired on cable Channel 190 Wednesday night at 4 p.m., Thursday at noon, Friday at 10 a.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m.
In order for the City Commission to receive all relevant public comment in time for this City Commission meeting, please submit via www.bozeman.net or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3:00 PM on the day of the meeting. Public comment may be made in person at the meeting as well.