City Commission Meeting
- Date: 09/18/2017 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Location: City Hall - Commission Room
121 N Rouse Ave
Bozeman, Montana 59715
THE CITY COMMISSION MEETING OF BOZEMAN, MONTANA
Monday, September 18, 2017
A. Call to Order – 6:00 PM - Commission Room, City Hall, 121 North Rouse
B. Pledge of Allegiance and a Moment of Silence
C. Changes to the Agenda
- Authorize Payment of Accounts Payable Claims for Goods and Services (LaMeres)
- Authorize the Interim City Manager to Sign an Impact Fee Payment Agreement with Cannery District Partners, LLC for Improvements to Oak Street (Kohtz)
- Authorize the Interim City Manager to Sign Two Professional Service Agreements with Snow Shovel, LLC. and TLC Landscape and Excavation, Inc. to Complete On-Call Street Sweeping and Storm Sewer Cleaning Services on behalf of the City Over a One-Year Term (Mehrens)
- Resolution 4846, Authorizing the City Manager to Sign a Waiver of Right to Protest Special Improvement Districts Associated with Story Mill Community Park for Infrastructure Improvements at Story Mill Road, Griffin Drive, and Story Mill Road - Bridger Drive Intersection (Poissant)
Consider the motion: I move to approve Consent Items 1-4 as submitted.
E. Public Comment - Please state your name and address in an audible tone of voice for the record. This is the time for individuals to comment on matters falling within the purview of the Bozeman City Commission. There will also be an opportunity in conjunction with each agenda item for comments pertaining to that item. Please limit your comments to three minutes.
F. Mayoral Proclamation
G. Action Items
- Resolution 4823, Annual Assessment for the Business Improvement District (BID) for Fiscal Year 2018 (Donald)
Consider the motion: I move to adopt Resolution 4823, Annual Assessment for the Business Improvement District (BID) for the Fiscal Year 2018.
- Resolution 4824, Annual Assessment for the Tourism Business Improvement District (TBID) for Fiscal Year 2018 (Donald)
Consider the motion: I move to adopt Resolution 4824, Annual Assessment for the Tourism Business Improvement District (TBID) for the Fiscal Year 2018.
- Continuation of Ordinance 1980 Provisional Adoption, Revisions to Article 38.43, Affordable Housing to Address Condominiums Text Amendment, Application 17381 (Matsen)
Consider the motion: I move to continue the advertised public hearing on Application 17381 to October 2, 2017.
- Ordinance 1976 Provisional Adoption, a Text Amendment of the Bozeman Municipal Code, Section 38.25.040 to Set Minimum Off-Street Parking Requirements for the B-2M District, Application 17304 (Fine)
Consider the motion: Having reviewed and considered the application materials, public comment, and all the information presented, I hereby adopt the findings presented in the staff report for application 17304 and move to provisionally adopt Ordinance 1976, a text amendment of the Bozeman Municipal Code, Section 38.25.040 to set minimum off-street parking requirements for the B-2M District.
- Ordinance 1981 Provisional Adoption, a Proposal to Affirm and Readopt Resolution 4598, as Amended by Resolution 4623, Which Added Subchapter 4B (Design Guidelines for Commercial Development within the Neighborhood Conservation Overlay District, Specifically the B-3 “Halo”) into the Design Guidelines for the Neighborhood Conservation Overlay District, Application 17399 (Matsen)
Consider the motion: Having reviewed and considered the application materials, public comment, and all the information presented, I hereby adopt the findings presented in the staff report for application 17399 and move to provisionally adopt Ordinance 1981 affirming and readopting Resolution 4598 which adopted Subchapter 4B (design guidelines for commercial development within the neighborhood conservation overlay district, specifically the B-3 “halo”) (including the amendments incorporated into Subchapter 4B by Resolution 4623 regarding an exemption from the step back and height transition policies if abutting commercially zoned and a residentially zoned lots are under unified ownership and are being developed under a master site plan) into the Design Guidelines for the Neighborhood Conservation Overlay District.
- Session Continued from September 11, 2017: Public Hearing of the Bozeman City Commission Regarding Proposed Changes to the City’s Zoning, Subdivision, and Other Land Use Regulations (Chapter 38, Bozeman Municipal Code) (known as the “UDC Update”) (Rogers)
Appointment to the Design Review Board (DRB) (Sweeney/Crough)
Consider the motion: I move to appoint one member to an Architect position on the Design Review Board with a term ending June 30, 2019.
City Commission meetings are open to all members of the public. If you have a disability that requires assistance, please contact our ADA Coordinator, Mike Gray, at 582-3232 (TDD 582-2301).
Commission meetings are televised live on cable channel 190 and streamed live at www.bozeman.net. City Commission meetings are re-aired on cable Channel 190 Wednesday night at 4 p.m., Thursday at noon, Friday at 10 a.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m.
In order for the City Commission to receive all relevant public comment in time for this City Commission meeting, please submit via www.bozeman.net or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3:00 PM on the day of the meeting. Public comment may be made in person at the meeting as well.