City Commission Meeting
- Date: 10/16/2017 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Location: City Hall - Commission Room
121 N Rouse Ave
Bozeman, Montana 59715
THE CITY COMMISSION MEETING OF BOZEMAN, MONTANA
Monday, October 16, 2017
A. Call to Order – 6:00 PM - Commission Room, City Hall, 121 North Rouse
B. Pledge of Allegiance and a Moment of Silence
C. Changes to the Agenda
- Approve the Regular Meeting Minutes from June 12, September 11, September 18, September 25, and October 2, 2017, Special Meeting Minutes from September 7, September 15, September 26, and September 27, 2017, and User Access to Linked Minutes
Consider the motion: I move to approve the combined City Commission minutes from June 12, September 7, September 11, September 15, September 18, September 25, September 26, September 27, and October 2, 2017, as submitted.
- Authorize Payment of Accounts Payable Claims for Goods and Services (LaMeres)
- Authorize the Interim City Manager to Sign a Grant Award with the Bureau of Justice Assistance for the Bozeman Veteran Eligible Treatment Services (V.E.T.S) Court (Herrington)
- Authorize the Interim City Manager to Sign a Notice of Award to Montana Lines, Inc. for the Midtown Streetscape Project (Fine)
- Authorize the Interim City Manager to Sign a Professional Services Agreement with Big Horn Snow Removal Services for Snow Removal Services at Senior Center and Parking Lots (Meece)
- Authorize the Interim City Manager to Sign a Task Order with Tetra Tech Task for a 2017-2018 Remediation Systems Oversight (Hixson)
- Authorize the Interim City Manager to Sign Task Order Number 15 to the Professional Services Master Task Order Agreement with DOWL for Street and Utilities Land Agent Services for the Sourdough Water Main (Murray)
- Ordinance 1973 Final Adoption, the 2017 Cresent Cross Annexation Zone Map Amendment to Designate 30.129 Acres as R-5, Residential Mixed-Use High Density, Application 17032 (Saunders)
- Ordinance 1980 Final Adoption, Revisions to Article 38.43, Affordable Housing to Address Condominiums Text Amendment, Application 17381 (Matsen)
Consider the motion: I move to approve Consent Items 1-8 as submitted.
F. Public Comment - Please state your name and address in an audible tone of voice for the record. This is the time for individuals to comment on matters falling within the purview of the Bozeman City Commission. There will also be an opportunity in conjunction with each agenda item for comments pertaining to that item. Please limit your comments to three minutes.
G. Special Presentation
- K-8 STEM Initiative Campaign (Rob Watson and Anne Hossner)
H. Action Items
1. Session Continued from October 2, 2017: Public Hearing of the Bozeman City Commission Regarding Proposed Changes to the City's Zoning, Subdivision, and Other Land Use Regulations (Chapter 38, Bozeman Municipal Code) (Known as the "UDC Update") (Public Comment Closed, Commission Deliberation Only) (Rogers)
Consider the motion: I hereby continue the review of Appeal of the Administrative Project Decision 17365 from October 16, 2017 to November 13, 2017.
3. The Ridge Athletic Club Planned Unit Development (PUD) Expansion Major Modification Preliminary PUD and Phase 1 Site Plan at the Northwest Corner of South Ferguson Avenue and Fallon Street and Bound by Ravalli Street to the North, Application 17095 (Quasi-Judicial) (Krueger)
Consider the motion: Having reviewed and considered the application materials, public comment, and all the information presented, I hereby adopt the findings presented in the staff report for application 17095 and move to approve the preliminary planned unit development and first phase site plan subject to conditions and all applicable code provisions.
Consider the motion: In consideration of all public comment and information presented to date, I hereby move to adopt Resolution 4812 adopting the master plan for the East Gallatin Recreation Area in accordance with the 2007 Parks, Recreation, Open Space and Trails Plan and the Bozeman Municipal Code Section 26.02.220.
Consider the motion: I move to authorize the City of Bozeman to participate as a plaintiff in a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of Initiative 183 (the Montana Locker Room Privacy Act) and to request the interim city manager bring a resolution before the Commission appointing Alex Rate of the ACLU of Montana Foundation and Gabriel Arkles of the ACLU LGBT & HIV Project of the ACLU as special counsel for the City of Bozeman.
City Commission meetings are open to all members of the public. If you have a disability that requires assistance, please contact our ADA Coordinator, Mike Gray, at 582-3232 (TDD 582-2301).
Commission meetings are televised live on cable channel 190 and streamed live at www.bozeman.net. City Commission meetings are re-aired on cable Channel 190 Wednesday night at 4 p.m., Thursday at noon, Friday at 10 a.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m.
In order for the City Commission to receive all relevant public comment in time for this City Commission meeting, please submit via www.bozeman.net or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3:00 PM on the day of the meeting. Public comment may be made in person at the meeting as well.