City Commission Meeting
- Date: 04/16/2018 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Location: City Hall - Commission Room
121 N Rouse Ave
Bozeman, Montana 59715
THE CITY COMMISSION MEETING OF BOZEMAN, MONTANA
Monday, April 16, 2018
A. Call to Order – 6:00 PM - Commission Room, City Hall, 121 North Rouse
B. Pledge of Allegiance and a Moment of Silence
C. Changes to the Agenda
E. Commission Disclosures
- Authorize Payment of Accounts Payable Claims for Goods and Services (LaMeres)
- Appoint a Sub-Committee of Two Commissioners to Review the Depository Bonds and Pledged Securities as of March 31, 2018 (Clark)
- Approve the Request for Improvements and Cash In-Lieu of Parkland Dedication for the Icon Apartments Master Site Plan, Application 17542 (Quasi-Judicial) (Johnson)
- Authorize the Mayor to Sign the Big Sky Economic Development Trust Fund Program Grant Award Contract with the Montana Department of Commerce for Zinovo, LLC (Fontenot)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign a Professional Services Agreement with Dropcountr, Inc. for the Development and Subscription of a Web-Based Customer Water Use Presentment Tool (Ahlstrom)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign a Professional Services Agreement with Morrison-Maierle, Inc. to Provide Materials Testing for the City (Gamradt)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign a Professional Services Agreement with Sprout, Inc. for Median and Grounds Maintenance Services (Vandelinder)
- Resolution 4899, Confirming the Appointment of a Police Officer (Crawford)
- Resolution 4902, Authorizing the Submittal of a Grant Application to KaBOOM! to Construct a Volunteer-Built Playground at the Bozeman Sports Park (Poissant)
- Resolution 4904, Relating to the Application by Mountain Time Arts for the Bloomberg Philanthropies’ Public Art Challenge (Andrus)
- Ordinance 1999 Final Adoption, Limiting the Restrictions Set Forth in 16-3-306(1), Montana Code Annotated for Certain Restaurants Holding a State Issued Beer with Wine Amendment Alcohol License; the Text Amendment Only Applies to Restaurants within the B-3 and B-2M Zoning Districts, Application 18097 (Rogers)
Consider the motion: I move to approve Consent Items 1-11 as submitted.
G. Public Comment - Please state your name and address in an audible tone of voice for the record. This is the time to comment on any matter falling within the scope of the Bozeman City Commission. There will also be time in conjunction with each agenda item for public comment relating to that item but you may only speak once. Please note, the City Commission cannot take action on any item which does not appear on the agenda. All persons addressing the City Commission shall speak in a civil and courteous manner and members of the audience shall be respectful of others. Please limit your comments to three minutes.
H. Special Presentation
- Bozeman Beautification Advisory Board, 2018 Bozeman CleanUp Day on April 21, 2018 (Andreasen/Quatraro)
I. Action Items
- Resolution 4877, Amending the City's Annual Budget for Fiscal Year 2018 (FY18) for Fire Capital and Equipment Fund Appropriations (Donald)
Consider the motion: I move to adopt Resolution 4877, Amending the City’s Annual Budget for Fiscal Year 2018 for Fire Capital and Equipment Fund Appropriations.
- Lot 3, Tract 7 Smith Annexation and Zone Map Amendment, Annexation of 0.52 Acres and Amendment to the City Zoning Map for the Establishment of a Zoning Designation of R-1, Residential Single-Household Low Density District, Located at 525 Valley Drive, Application 17556 (Pope)
Consider the Annexation Motion: Having reviewed and considered the staff report, application materials, public comment, and all information presented, I hereby adopt the findings presented in the staff report for application 17556 and move to approve the Lot 3, Tract 7 Smith Annexation with recommended terms of annexation, and direct staff to prepare an Annexation Agreement for signature by the parties.
Consider the Zoning Motion: Having reviewed and considered the staff report, application materials, public comment, recommendation of the Zoning Commission and all information presented, I hereby adopt the findings presented in the staff report for application 17556 and move to approve the Lot 3, Tract 7 Smith Zone Map Amendment, with contingencies required to complete the application processing.
- Resolution 4852, Formal Adoption of the Strategic Plan for the City of Bozeman (Surratt)
Consider the motion: I move to adopt Resolution 4852 and to direct the City Manager to incorporate the Strategic Plan into the framework of department work plans, the budget process, and future performance evaluations for the City of Bozeman, and to bring back a report on the accomplishments and ongoing activities annually each year as a part of the budget process.
- Resolution 4861, Amending the Park and Recreation Policy and Fee Schedule for Facility Use and Programs (Overton)
Consider the motion: I move to adopt Resolution 4861, Amending the Park and Recreation Policy and Fee Schedule for Facility Use and Programs.
- Resolution 4865, Amending the Sunset Hills Cemetery Fee Schedule (Overton)
Consider the motion: I move to adopt Resolution 4865, Amending the Sunset Hills Cemetery Fee Schedule.
J. FYI / Discussion
City Commission meetings are open to all members of the public. If you have a disability that requires assistance, please contact our ADA Coordinator, Mike Gray, at 582-3232 (TDD 582-2301).
Commission meetings are televised live on cable channel 190 and streamed live at www.bozeman.net. City Commission meetings are re-aired on cable Channel 190 Wednesday night at 4 p.m., Thursday at noon, Friday at 10 a.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m.
In order for the City Commission to receive all relevant public comment in time for this City Commission meeting, please submit via www.bozeman.net or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3:00 PM on the day of the meeting. Public comment may be made in person at the meeting as well.