City Commission Meeting
- Date: 02/12/2018 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Location: City Hall - Commission Room
121 N Rouse Ave
Bozeman, Montana 59715
THE CITY COMMISSION MEETING OF BOZEMAN, MONTANA
Monday, February 12, 2018
A. Call to Order – EARLY START TIME - 5:00 PM - Commission Room, City Hall, 121 North Rouse
B. Pledge of Allegiance and a Moment of Silence
C. Changes to the Agenda
D. Action Items I
- Continued from February 5, 2018: Strategic Plan for the City of Bozeman, Vision Strategies 7.2 through 7.4 and All of the Action Items in Number 7 (Surratt)
Consider the motion: I move to approve Vision Strategies 7.2 through 7.4 with changes as discussed.
E. Public Service Announcements (approximately 6:00 PM)
- No City Commission Meeting on February 19, 2018 and Closure of City Offices (Crough)
G. Mayoral Proclamation
- Approve the Regular Meeting Minutes from December 18, 2017, January 8, January 22, and January 29, 2018, Special Meeting Minutes from January 4 and January 26, 2018, and User Access to Linked Minutes (Crough)
Consider the motion: I move to approve the combined City Commission minutes from December 18, 2017, January 4, January 8, January 22, January 26, and January 29, 2018 as submitted.
I. Commission Disclosures
- Authorize Payment of Accounts Payable Claims for Goods and Services (LaMeres)
- Appoint a Sub-Committee of Two Commissioners to Review Depository Bonds and Pledged Securities as of December 31, 2017 (Clark)
- Formal Cancellation of the February 19, 2018 City Commission Meeting (Crough)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign a Database Access Agreement with the Montana Department of Transportation for Access to the Safety Information Management System (Kerr)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign an Impact Fee Payment Agreement with Capstone Collegiate Communities LLC for South University District / Cattail Creek Drainage Basin Sanitary Sewer Improvements to be Installed in Lincoln Street, Willow Way, and South 14th Avenue (Kohtz)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign a Memorandum of Agreement, a Certificate of Acceptance for a Public Use Easement, and a Certificate of Acceptance for a Temporary Construction Easement with the United States Postal Service (USPS) for Construction of Improvements to Baxter Lane, Parcel 11 (United States Post Office) (Murray)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign a Temporary Agreement Covering Advance Right of Entry and Occupancy, and a License for Bicycle Path / Pedestrian Walkway with Montana Rail Link, Inc. for Story Mill Spur Trail (25 Year Term) (Poissant)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign Task Order Number 16 with Dowl to Provide Right-of-Way Acquisition Services at the Intersection of Cottonwood Road and Oak Street as Part of the Current Term Contract (Hixson)
Ordinance 1996 Final Adoption, Lot 5A, Annie Subdivision Phase 2 Zone Map Amendment, Changing 4.2419 Acres from R-3, Residential Medium Density to R-5, Residential Mixed Use High Density, Generally Located Northeast of the Intersection of North 27th Avenue and West Oak Street, Application 17300 (Saunders)
Consider the motion: I move to approve Consent Items 1-9 as submitted.
K. Public Comment - Please state your name and address in an audible tone of voice for the record. This is the time for individuals to comment on matters falling within the purview of the Bozeman City Commission. There will also be an opportunity in conjunction with each agenda item for comments pertaining to that item. Please limit your comments to three minutes.
L. Action Items II
- Continue the Hoover Way Subdivision Planned Unit Development (PUD) from February 12, 2018 to February 26, 2018, Application 17546 (Jadin)
Consider the motion: I move to continue the Hoover Way Planning Unit Development application from February 12, 2018 to February 26, 2018.
Continue the Hoover Way Subdivision Preliminary Plat from February 12, 2018 to February 26, 2018, Application 17117 (Jadin)
Consider the motion: I move to continue the Hoover Way Preliminary Plat application from February 12, 2018 to February 26, 2018.
Ziegler Annexation and Zone Map Amendment, Annexation of 3.12 Acres and Amendment to the City Zoning Map for the Establishment of a Zoning Designation of M-1 “Light Manufacturing”, Located at 703 Bridger Drive, Application 17423 (Saunders)
Consider the annexation motion: Having reviewed and considered the staff report, application materials, public comment, and all information presented, I hereby adopt the findings presented in the staff report for application 17423 and move to approve the Ziegler Annexation with recommended terms of annexation, and direct staff to prepare an annexation agreement for signature by the parties.
Consider the zoning motion: Having reviewed and considered the staff report, application materials, public comment, recommendation of the Zoning Commission and all information presented, I hereby adopt the findings presented in the staff report for application 17423 and move to approve the Ziegler Zone Map Amendment, with contingencies required to complete the application processing.
Bozeman School District 7 (BSD7) Van Winkle Stadium (High School) Improvements Informal Review, Application 18016 (Johnson)
Consider the motion: No motion required. Review application and comment to assist preparation of formal application.
Ordinance 1994 Provisional Adoption, Zone Text Amendments to Multiple Sections Initiated by the City Commission During Consideration of the Unified Development Code (UDC) Update Project in Response to Public Comment and Commission Discussion and Collectedly Referred to as “Pile B” Amendments; Subjects Included are Deviations and Criteria for Demolition within the Neighborhood Conservation Overlay District, Accessory Dwelling Units, Standards Applicable to Cottage Housing Developments, Modifying Requirements for Separation of Medical Marijuana Facilities from Schools, and Off-Site Parking for Residential Uses; Application 17597 (Rogers)
Consider the motion: Having reviewed and considered the application materials, public comment, Zoning Commission recommendation, and all the information presented, I hereby adopt the findings presented in the staff report for application 17597 and move to provisionally adopt Ordinance 1994, the Pile B zone text amendment.
Ordinance 1997 Provisional Adoption, a Zone Text Amendment for Changes to the Unified Development Code (UDC) to Create a New Residential Use and Assign it to Specific Zoning Districts with Associated Review Standards and Procedures for Transitional and Emergency Housing, Application 18011 (Rogers)
Consider the motion: Having reviewed and considered the application materials, public comment, Zoning Commission recommendation, and all the information presented, I hereby adopt the findings presented in the staff report for application 18011 and move to provisionally adopt Ordinance 1997 the Transitional and Emergency Housing zone text amendment.
Consider the Bozeman Sports Parks Foundation Request for a Loan to Install Artificial Turf Fields at the Bozeman Sports Park, to be Repaid with Field User Fees (Rosenberry)
Consider the motion: I move to direct the City Manager to continue to work with the Sports Park Foundation to develop agreements to: (i) require the Sports Park Foundation to pay an amount equal to the City’s debt payments on a loan of up to $1,700,000 to construct sports fields and related infrastructure, including purchase of two turf fields; and (ii) authorize the Foundation to collect user fees and operate the Sports Park through a user group or management agreement for Commission approval at future dates.
Ordinance 2000 Provisional Adoption, Amending Sec. 2.02.020 of the Bozeman Municipal Code (BMC) Regarding Presiding Officer Status (Sullivan)
Consider the motion: I move to provisionally adopt Ordinance 2000 amending Section 2.02.020, BMC adding a phrase that requires the presiding officer, when passing the gavel, to not presume presiding officer status until the completion of the agenda item for which the gavel was passed.
Appointment(s) to the Bozeman Midtown Urban Renewal Board (MURB) (Sweeney)
Consider the motion: I move to appoint up to three members to the Bozeman Midtown Urban Renewal Board with terms ending January 31, 2022 to the following positions:
One non-voting member appointed by the City Commission – At Large,
One voting member appointed by the Mayor, and/or
One non-voting member appointed by the City Commission
Appointment(s) to the Impact Fee Advisory Committee (IFAC) (Sweeney)
Consider the motion: I move to appoint up to four members to the Impact Fee Advisory Committee with terms ending December 31, 2019 to the following positions:
Certified Public Accountant who shall hold no other public office or employment,
Citizen of Bozeman not employed in the development industry,
Other member as selected by the City Commission, and/or
City Commission meetings are open to all members of the public. If you have a disability that requires assistance, please contact our ADA Coordinator, Mike Gray, at 582-3232 (TDD 582-2301).
Commission meetings are televised live on cable channel 190 and streamed live at www.bozeman.net. City Commission meetings are re-aired on cable Channel 190 Wednesday night at 4 p.m., Thursday at noon, Friday at 10 a.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m.
In order for the City Commission to receive all relevant public comment in time for this City Commission meeting, please submit via www.bozeman.net or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3:00 PM on the day of the meeting. Public comment may be made in person at the meeting as well.