Bozeman Area Pedestrian and Traffic Safety Committee
- Date: 03/11/2020 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Location: City Hall - Commission Room
121 N Rouse Ave
Bozeman, Montana 59715
BOZEMAN (Area) PEDESTRIAN AND TRAFFIC SAFETY COMMITTEE
12 Noon, WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11, 2020
City Commission meeting room, Bozeman City Hall, 121 North Rouse Avenue
(committee is only advisory & decisions may be made on any topic under legitimate discussion)
A. Call to Order & Introductions of Attendees
B. Approval of Meeting Agenda (Chair may make sequence adjustments when helpful)
C. Public Comment (Please state your name and address. This is the time for individuals to comment on any matters falling within the purview of the Committee. Opportunity for public input will also be provided in conjunction with each individual agenda item. A given speaker addressing a given topic may speak at one or the other of those two opportunities but not both. Please limit comments to a maximum of five minutes. The chairperson may alter or waive these restrictions.)
D. Approval of the Minutes of October 9, November 13, December 11, January 8 & February 12 Meetings.
E. Reports from City Commissioners, County Commissioners & School Board Trustees.
F. Reports/Requests from Law Enforcement Liaison Officers
G. Reports from Non-Voting Official Committee Members (City, County, & Schools)
H. Report from Representative of Montana Department of Transportation.
I. Reports from Related Groups (BABAB, TCC, GVLT, Safer Bozeman, GAP, etc.)
J. Report on Results of Previous Actions & Consideration of Follow-Up Actions.
K. Consider Election of One Additional At-Large Member of Committee.
L. Discuss City’s Budgeting Process & Timeline.
M. Consider Recommending Annexation of Parcels along Frontage Road.
N. Consider Making Recommendations on Design of Griffin Street Improvements.
O. Consider Pedestrian Safety at Intersection of North 7th & Baxter Lane (time permitting).
P. Hear Updates on Bicycle Laws and Other Safety Issues (time permitting).
Q. Additional Business (time permitting)
- Consider making safety-related recommendations to Congress, the State legislature, MDT, City & County Commissions, planning boards, other review groups, administrative bodies & advocacy groups on proposed projects and on policies, budgets, & capital improvement programs scheduled for consideration by those bodies or under staff review
- Specific Sidewalks & Pedestrian Crossings (existing or proposed)
- Individual streets & Intersections (e.g., Willson, College, Kagy)
- Distracted Driver Issues (bills, laws, ordinances & educational efforts)
- Consider Joining With Other Groups in Advocating for Safety Causes
- Other Concerns of Members
R. Future Meetings (April 8?).
Bozeman (Area) Pedestrian and Traffic Safety Committee meetings are open to all members of the public. If you have a disability that requires assistance, please contact the City’s ADA Coordinator, Mike Gray, at 582-3232 (TDD 582-2301). Questions about the Committee should be directed to its chairperson, Ralph W. Zimmer, phone (406) 586-9152, RalphZimmer@mcn.net