Bozeman (Area) Pedestrian and Traffic Safety Committee
- Date: 11/13/2019 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Location: Alfred M Stiff Building - Second Floor Conference Room
20 E. Olive
Bozeman, Montana 59715
BOZEMAN (Area) PEDESTRIAN AND TRAFFIC SAFETY COMMITTEE
12 Noon, WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2019
SECOND FLOOR CONFERENCE ROOM, CITY’S ALFRED STIFF OFFICE BUILDING, 20 EAST OLIVE
(committee is only advisory & decisions may be made on any topic under legitimate discussion)
- Call to Order & Introductions of Attendees
- Consideration of Meeting Agenda (Chair may make adjustments as deemed helpful)
- Public Comment (Please state your name and address.This is the time for individuals to comment on any matters falling within the purview of the Committee.Opportunity for public input will also be provided in conjunction with each individual agenda item. A given speaker addressing a given topic may speak at one or the other of those two opportunities but not both.Please limit comments to a maximum of five minutes.The chairperson may alter or waive these restrictions.)
- Approval of Minutes of October 9, 2019 Meeting.
- Reports from City Commissioners, County Commissioners & School Board Trustees.
- Reports/Requests from Law Enforcement Liaison Officers
- Reports from Non-Voting Official Committee Members (City, County, & Schools)
- Report from Any Representative of Montana Department of Transportation.
- Reports from Related Groups (BABAB, TCC, GVLT, Safer Bozeman, GAP, etc.)
- Report on Results of Previous Actions & Consideration of Follow-Up Actions.
- Discuss Local Transportation Funding Priorities & Consider Making Recommendations.
- Review Bicycle Laws & Consider Making Recommendations.
- Status of Implementation of Bozeman Transportation Safety Plan.
- Additional Business (time permitting)
- Consider making safety-related recommendations to Congress, the State legislature, MDT, City & County Commissions, planning boards, other review groups, administrative bodies & advocacy groups on proposed projects and on policies, budgets, & capital improvement programs scheduled for consideration by those bodies or under staffreview
- Specific Sidewalks & Pedestrian Crossings (existing or proposed)
- Individual streets & Intersections (e.g., Willson, College, Kagy)
- Distracted Driver Issues (bills, laws, ordinances & educational efforts)
- Consider Joining With Other Groups in Advocating for Safety Causes
- Other Concerns of Members
- Discuss Revision of Committee’s Governance Document.
- Implementation of Bozeman Community Transportation Safety Plan.
- Future Meetings (December 11?).
Bozeman (Area) Pedestrian and Traffic Safety Committee meetings are open to all members of the public. If you have a disability that requires assistance, please contact the City’s ADA Coordinator, Mike Gray, at 582-3232 (TDD 582-2301). Questions about the Committee should be directed to its chairperson, Ralph W. Zimmer, 586-9152, RalphZimmer@mcn.net