City Commission Meeting
- Date: 02/03/2020 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Location: City Hall - Commission Room
121 N Rouse Ave
Bozeman, Montana 59715
THE CITY COMMISSION MEETING OF BOZEMAN, MONTANA
Monday, February 03, 2020
A. Call to Order – 6:00 PM - Commission Room, City Hall, 121 North Rouse
B. Pledge of Allegiance and a Moment of Silence
C. Changes to the Agenda
E. Commission Disclosures
- Authorize Payment of Accounts Payable Claims for Goods and Services (LaMeres)
- Approval of Depository Bonds and Pledged Securities as of December 31, 2019 (Clark)
- Authorize the Interim City Manager to Sign a Professional Services Agreement with Arbitrage Compliance Specialists, Inc for Arbitrage and Rebate Reporting Services for the Bozeman Public Safety Center Bond (Donald)
- Approve the Final Plat for the Boulder Creek Phase 3 Subdivision, Authorize the Director of Public Works to Sign the Same, and Authorize the Director of Community Development to Sign the Improvements Agreements on Behalf of the City of Bozeman, Application 19233 (Garber)
- Resolution 5112, Accepting the Preferred Alternative in the Preliminary Engineering Report and Affirming Adequate Resources to Construct and Maintain the Davis Lift Station and Norton East Ranch Outfall Sewer Interceptor Project (Murray)
Consider the motion: I move to approve Consent Items 1-5 as submitted.
G. Public Comment - Please state your name and address in an audible tone of voice for the record. This is the time to comment on any matter falling within the scope of the Bozeman City Commission. There will also be time in conjunction with each agenda item for public comment relating to that item but you may only speak once. Please note, the City Commission cannot take action on any item which does not appear on the agenda. All persons addressing the City Commission shall speak in a civil and courteous manner and members of the audience shall be respectful of others. Please limit your comments to three minutes.
H. Special Presentation
- City/County Board of Health Regarding Tobacco-Free Parks (Demorest)
- Second Quarter Financial Report (Donald)
- Process for External Agency Grant Requests (Donald)
I. Action Items
1. The Bozeman Cohousing Annexation and Zone Map Amendment to Annex and Designate Approximately 5.3 Acres at 3120 Wagonwheel Road to R-3, Residential Medium Density District, Application 19468 (Saunders)
Consider the motion: Having reviewed and considered the staff report, application materials, public comment, and all information presented, I hereby adopt the findings presented in the staff report for application 19468 and move to approve the Bozeman Cohousing Annexation with recommended terms of annexation, and direct staff to prepare an annexation agreement for signature by the parties.
Consider the motion: Having reviewed and considered the staff report, application materials, public comment, and all information presented, I hereby adopt the findings presented in the staff report for application 19468 and move to approve the Bozeman Cohousing Zone Map Amendment, with contingencies required to complete the application processing.
2. Ordinance 2033, Provisional Adoption Establishing a Downtown Parking Management District and Parking Benefit Zones and Authorizing the Bozeman Parking Commission to Create, Modify, Dissolve, and Operate Parking Benefit Zones Within the Downtown Parking Management District (Meece)
Consider the motion: I move to adopt Ordinance 2033 establishing a Downtown Parking Management District and Parking Benefit Zones, and authorizing the Bozeman Parking Commission to create, modify, dissolve, and operate Parking Benefit Zones within the Downtown Parking Management District.
3. Resolution 5126, Approving Certain Infrastructure Improvements in the Bozeman Midtown Urban Renewal District as an Urban Renewal Project, Making Findings with Respect Thereto and Approving the Issuance of Tax Increment Urban Renewal Revenue Bonds to Pay Costs Thereof; Preliminary Authorization of the Issuance and Private Sale of Bonds and Authorizing the Process for Selecting a Purchaser Thereof (Fine)
Consider the motion: I move to approve certain infrastructure improvements in the Bozeman Midtown Urban Renewal District as an Urban Renewal Project, making findings with respect thereto and approving the issuance of Tax Increment Urban Renewal Revenue Bonds to pay costs thereof; preliminary authorization of the issuance and private sale of bonds and authorizing the process for selecting a purchaser thereof.
J. Other Public Hearing
- Bozeman High School District 7 Gallatin High School Signage Modification Exemption Hearing, Application 19497 (Krueger)
City Commission meetings are open to all members of the public. If you have a disability that requires assistance, please contact our ADA Coordinator, Mike Gray, at 582-3232 (TDD 582-2301).
Commission meetings are televised live on cable channel 190 and streamed live at www.bozeman.net. City Commission meetings are re-aired on cable Channel 190 Wednesday night at 4 p.m., Thursday at noon, Friday at 10 a.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m.
In order for the City Commission to receive all relevant public comment in time for this City Commission meeting, please submit via www.bozeman.net or by emailing email@example.com no later than 3:00 PM on the day of the meeting. Public comment may be made in person at the meeting as well.