City Commission Meeting
- Date: 12/16/2019 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Location: City Hall - Commission Room
121 N Rouse Ave
Bozeman, Montana 59715
THE CITY COMMISSION MEETING OF BOZEMAN, MONTANA
Monday, December 16, 2019
A. Call to Order – 6:00 PM - Commission Room, City Hall, 121 North Rouse
B. Pledge of Allegiance and a Moment of Silence
C. Changes to the Agenda
D. Authorize Absence – Commissioner I-Ho Pomeroy
E. Public Service Announcements
- Cancellation of the December 23, 2019 City Commission Meeting and Closure of City Offices on December 25, 2019 and January 1, 2020 (Crough)
G. Commission Disclosures
- Approve the Regular Meeting Minutes from October 7, October 14, October 21, October 28, November 4, and November 18, 2019, Special Meeting Minutes from October 9, 2019, and User Access to Linked Minutes (Crough)
Consider the motion:I move to approve the combined City Commission minutes from October 7, October 9, October 14, October 21, October 28, November 4, and November 18, 2019 as submitted.
- Authorize Payment of Accounts Payable Claims for Goods and Services (LaMeres)
- Approve the Annual Beer, Wine, or Liquor License Renewals for Calendar Year 2020 (Portnell)
- Approve an On-Premises Beer and Wine License for DTLP, Inc. dba Shine Beer Sanctuary of Bozeman, Montana to Sell Beer and Wine at 451 East Main Street for the Remainder of Calendar Year 2019 (Portnell)
- Approve an All-Beverage Liquor License for Buffalo Wild Wings of Bozeman, Montana to Sell Liquor at 1783 North 19th Avenue for Calendar Year 2020 (Maas)
- Formal Cancellation of the December 23, 2019 City Commission Meeting (Crough)
- Acknowledge the 2019 City of Bozeman Ethics Report (Hunter)
- Authorize the Interim City Manager to Sign a Mitigation Credit Purchase Agreement and Acknowledgment with the Upper Missouri Mitigation Bank (Sponsored by SRI Missouri Headwaters LLC) for the Front Street Interceptor Sewer (Murray)
- Authorize the Interim City Manager to Sign Amendment Number 2 to the Professional Services Agreement with LoganSimpson for Professional Services in Support of the Growth Policy (Saunders)
- Authorize the Interim City Manager to Sign Task Order Number 9 to the Professional Services Master Task Order Agreement with Advanced Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc. (AE2S) Providing Professional Engineering Services for the Bozeman Sourdough and Lyman Reservoir Inspection and Evaluation Project (Heaston)
- Authorize the Interim City Manager to Sign Task Order Number 10 to the Professional Services Master Task Order Agreement with Advanced Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc. (AE2S) Providing Professional Engineering Services for the Bozeman Water Treatment Plant – Sourdough Raw Water Influent Metering Improvements 2019 Project (Heaston)
- Resolution 5087, Authorizing the Midtown Urban Renewal District Tax Increment Finance Assistance Program and Authorizing the Bozeman Midtown Urban Renewal Board to Provide for the Administration of the Program (Fine)
- Resolution 5121, Intent to Create Special Improvement Lighting District (SILD) Number 758 for Nelson Meadows Subdivision (Massey/Clark)
Consider the motion: I move to approve Consent Items 1-12 as submitted.
J. Public Comment - Please state your name and address in an audible tone of voice for the record. This is the time to comment on any matter falling within the scope of the Bozeman City Commission. There will also be time in conjunction with each agenda item for public comment relating to that item but you may only speak once. Please note, the City Commission cannot take action on any item which does not appear on the agenda. All persons addressing the City Commission shall speak in a civil and courteous manner and members of the audience shall be respectful of others. Please limit your comments to three minutes.
K. Action Items
- Resolution 5110, Modification of Special Improvement Lighting District Number 728 for The Lakes at Valley West Phases 1-5B (Donald)
Consider the motion: I move to adopt Resolution 5110, Modification of Special Improvement Lighting District Number 728 for The Lakes at Valley West Phases 1-5B.
- Presentation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and Results of the Financial Audit for Fiscal Year 2019 (LaMeres)
Consider the motion: I move to accept the Fiscal Year 2019 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report and the accompanying Letter to Governance.
- Resolution 5118, Adopting the Draft Vision Statement and Provisional Goals for the Bozeman Climate Plan (Meyer)
Consider the motion: I move to adopt Resolution 5118, establishing the draft vision statement and provisional goals for the Bozeman Climate Plan.
- Appointment to the Downtown Area Urban Renewal District Board (DURB) (Sweeney)
Consider the motion: I move to appoint one member to the Downtown Area Urban Renewal District Board, Voting Position, with a term ending June 30, 2020.
- Appointment to the Trails, Open Space and Parks Committee (TOP) (Sweeney)
Consider the motion: I move to appoint one member to the Trails, Open Space and Parks Committee, Recreation and Parks Member Position, with a term ending April 15, 2021.
L. FYI / Discussion
N. Reception for Outgoing Commissioner Jeff Krauss with Hors d’ouevres (approximately 8:00 PM) *A quorum of the City Commission will be present for this item. The City Commission will not hear, discuss, or act on any issues under their purview during this item. No minutes or recording will occur for this item.
City Commission meetings are open to all members of the public. If you have a disability that requires assistance, please contact our ADA Coordinator, Mike Gray, at 582-3232 (TDD 582-2301).
Commission meetings are televised live on cable channel 190 and streamed live at www.bozeman.net. City Commission meetings are re-aired on cable Channel 190 Wednesday night at 4 p.m., Thursday at noon, Friday at 10 a.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m.
In order for the City Commission to receive all relevant public comment in time for this City Commission meeting, please submit via www.bozeman.net or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3:00 PM on the day of the meeting. Public comment may be made in person at the meeting as well.