City Commission Meeting
- Date: 12/09/2019 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Location: City Hall - Commission Room
121 N Rouse Ave
Bozeman, Montana 59715
THE CITY COMMISSION MEETING OF BOZEMAN, MONTANA
Monday, December 09, 2019
A. Call to Order – 6:00 PM - Commission Room, City Hall, 121 North Rouse
B. Pledge of Allegiance and a Moment of Silence
C. Changes to the Agenda
D. Authorize Absence - Commissioner I-Ho Pomeroy
F. Commission Disclosures
- Authorize Payment of Accounts Payable Claims for Goods and Services (LaMeres)
- Adopt the Tree Maintenance Fund Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) for Fiscal Years 2021-2025 (Donald)
- Approve an On-Premises Beer and Wine License for Finks Delicatessen LLC of Bozeman, Montana to Sell Beer and Wine at 600 North Wallace Street, Suite 4, for Calendar Year 2019 (Portnell)
- Authorize the Mayor, and Designated Staff, to Sign the Big Sky Trust Fund (BSTF) Program Contract Amendment (#MT-BSTF-1-18-16B), Amendments to the Business Assistance Agreement (#MT-BSTF-1-18-16), and Exhibit A (Management Plan Amendment) with the Montana Department of Commerce for a One-Year Contract Extension for Zinovo (Fontenot)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign a Memorandum of Agreement, Public Use Easement, Right-of-Way Waiver Valuation, Buyer's Instructions, Disclosure Statement, and Closing Statements with Witt Family Investments, LTD for Improvements to West Babcock Street Between 15th and 19th Avenues (CIP Project #SIF118) (Kohtz)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign a Memorandum of Agreement, Public Use Easement, Right-of-Way Waiver Valuation, Buyer's Instructions, Disclosure Statement, and Closing Statements with Udo Chapman, Damaris Chapman, and Erika Chapman for improvements to West Babcock Street between 15th and 19th Avenues (CIP Project #SIF118) (Kohtz)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign the First Amendment to the Professional Services Agreement with Burn and McDonnel for the Solid Waste Rate Study (Donald)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign a Professional Services Agreement with Advanced Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc. (AE2S) for OPTX Website Hosting and Support Services for the Bozeman Drought Monitoring Tool (Ahlstrom)
Consider the motion: I move to approve Consent Items 1-8 as submitted.
H. Public Comment - Please state your name and address in an audible tone of voice for the record. This is the time to comment on any matter falling within the scope of the Bozeman City Commission. There will also be time in conjunction with each agenda item for public comment relating to that item but you may only speak once. Please note, the City Commission cannot take action on any item which does not appear on the agenda. All persons addressing the City Commission shall speak in a civil and courteous manner and members of the audience shall be respectful of others. Please limit your comments to three minutes.
I. Special Presentation
- Planning Coordination Committee (PCC) Update (Jennifer Boyer, PCC Facilitator)
J. Action Items
- Decision on City Manager Surratt’s Request to Terminate Employment Agreement on Thursday, December 12, 2019, and Authorize the Mayor to Sign an Interim Employment Agreement with Dennis Taylor to Serve as Interim City Manager Effective Thursday, December 12, 2019 (Stambaugh)
Consider the motion: I move to authorize termination of City Manager Surratt’s employment agreement prior to the expiration of the required 90-day notice period with City Manager Surratt’s last day to be Thursday, December 12, 2019, and authorize the Mayor to sign an Interim Employment Agreement with Dennis Taylor to Serve as Interim City Manager beginning Thursday, December 12, 2019 conditioned upon successful completion of a background check.
- Overview of the 2017 City Manager Recruitment and Selection Process and Mayor’s Recommendations on 2020 Process (Sullivan)
Consider the motion: No motion is required.
- Confirm Class Specification for City Manager Position (Stambaugh)
Consider the motion: I move to confirm the class specification for the city manager position.
- Delegate to the Interim City Manager Selection of an Executive Recruitment Firm for the City Manager Recruitment (Sullivan)
Consider the motion: I move to delegate to the interim city manager the authority to solicit proposals from executive recruitment firms, interview those who submit proposals, select a firm, and negotiate and enter into a professional services agreement with the selected firm.
Consider the motion: I move to request the interim city manager work with the selected firm to attend a meeting of the Commission on January 13, 2020 (or as soon as possible) to discuss the Commission’s desired attributes and characteristics of city manager, provide the Commission a city manager position profile, and discuss the recruitment timeline.
- Resolution 5119, Amending the Fee Schedule for the Review of Zoning, Subdivision, Annexation, Growth Policy Proposals and Other Planning Related Review Processes (Saunders)
Consider the motion: I move to adopt Resolution 5119 amending the fee schedule for the review of impact fee deferral, zoning, subdivision, annexation, growth policy proposals and other planning related review processes with an effective date of January 1, 2020.
- General Fund Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) for Fiscal Years 2021-2025 (Donald)
Consider the motion: I move to adopt the General Fund Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) for Fiscal Years 2021-2025 as presented under Plan A.
- Parks and Trails District Fund Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) for Fiscal Years 2021-2025 (Donald)
Consider the motion: I move to adopt the Parks and Trails District Fund Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) for Fiscal Years 2021-2025.
- Appointment(s) to the Bozeman Parking Commission (Sweeney)
Consider the motion: I move to appoint up to two members to the Bozeman Parking Commission with one term ending June 30, 2022 and one term ending June 30, 2023.
- Appointment to the Community Affordable Housing Advisory Board (CAHAB) (Sweeney)
Consider the motion: I move to appoint one member to the Low or Moderate Income Person Position on the Community Affordable Housing Advisory Board (CAHAB) with a term ending June 30, 2020.
K. FYI / Discussion
City Commission meetings are open to all members of the public. If you have a disability that requires assistance, please contact our ADA Coordinator, Mike Gray, at 582-3232 (TDD 582-2301).
Commission meetings are televised live on cable channel 190 and streamed live at www.bozeman.net. City Commission meetings are re-aired on cable Channel 190 Wednesday night at 4 p.m., Thursday at noon, Friday at 10 a.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m.
In order for the City Commission to receive all relevant public comment in time for this City Commission meeting, please submit via www.bozeman.net or by emailing email@example.com no later than 3:00 PM on the day of the meeting. Public comment may be made in person at the meeting as well.