City Commission Meeting
- Date: 10/14/2019 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Location: City Hall - Commission Room
121 N Rouse Ave
Bozeman, Montana 59715
THE CITY COMMISSION MEETING OF BOZEMAN, MONTANA
Monday, October 14, 2019
A. Call to Order – 6:00 PM - Commission Room, City Hall, 121 North Rouse
B. Pledge of Allegiance and a Moment of Silence
C. Changes to the Agenda
E. Commission Disclosures
- Authorize Payment of Accounts Payable Claims for Goods and Services (LaMeres)
- Approve the Acceptance of the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant, Through the Montana Board of Crime Control / United States Department of Justice, by the City of Bozeman and Authorize Police Chief Steve Crawford to Sign the Contract with Gallatin County Allocating the Funds to Operate the Missouri River Drug Task Force (MRDTF) (Crawford)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign a Grant Agreement with the Human Resource Development Council (HRDC) of District IX for Funding for the Willow Springs Planned Unit Development (PUD) and Subdivision (Olsen)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign an Agreement with Elkhorn Commissioning Group, LLC for Commissioning Services for the Pre-Construction and Construction Phases of the Bozeman Public Safety Center (BPSC) (Winn)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign an Agreement with the Montana Department of Transportation (MDT) to Receive Select Traffic Enforcement Program (STEP) Funds for the Traffic Enforcement Efforts of the Bozeman Police Department (Crawford)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign Amendment Number 1 to Task Order Number 10 of the Professional Services Master Task Order Agreement with HDR Engineering, Inc. for Additional Services for the Water Reclamation Facility (WRF) East Gallatin River Avulsion Restoration Project (Heaston)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign Amendment Number 3 to Task Order Number 11 of the Professional Services Master Task Order Agreement with HDR Engineering, Inc. for Additional Services for the Water Reclamation Facility (WRF) Montana Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (MPDES) Permitting Assistance (Heaston)
- Authorize the City Manager to Sign Task Order Number 1 and Task Order Number 2 to the Professional Services Master Task Order Agreement with DOWL, LLC for On-Call Planning, Engineering, and Construction Oversight Services for a Variety of Stormwater Division Infrastructure Projects (Mehrens)
Consider the motion: I move to approve Consent Items 1-8 as submitted.
G. Public Comment - Please state your name and address in an audible tone of voice for the record. This is the time to comment on any matter falling within the scope of the Bozeman City Commission. There will also be time in conjunction with each agenda item for public comment relating to that item but you may only speak once. Please note, the City Commission cannot take action on any item which does not appear on the agenda. All persons addressing the City Commission shall speak in a civil and courteous manner and members of the audience shall be respectful of others. Please limit your comments to three minutes.
H. Mayoral Proclamation
I. Special Presentation
- Cannery District Update (Winn / Fontenot)
J. Action Items
- Appointment to the Bozeman Historic Preservation Advisory Board (BHPAB) (Sweeney)
Consider the motion: I move to appoint one member to the Bozeman Historic Preservation Advisory Board to an At-Large position with a term ending June 30, 2020.
- Commission Direction to the City Manager on Establishing a Joint City Commission and Gallatin County Commission Meeting (Surratt)
Consider the motion: I move to direct the City Manager to draft a letter for signature of the full City Commission requesting that a quarterly meeting, or at least an annual meeting, be established between the two elected bodies beginning in the first quarter of 2020.
- Joint Meeting of the City Commission and the Bozeman School District (BSD) 7, Discussion Topics Including: Affordable Housing Working Group Update, New High School Library Substation, Community Partnership on Early Reading Project, Review of the Positive City / Bozeman School District (BSD) 7 Partnerships, and Possible May 2020 Parks and Trails District Ballot Issue (Surratt)
Consider the motion: No motion is required.
- Quarterly Update to the City Commission on the Implementation of the Bozeman Strategic Plan (Surratt)
Consider the motion: I move to accept the City Manager’s update on the Bozeman Strategic Plan priorities for 2019 and request to receive a quarterly report on progress and accomplishments in January, April, July and October of each year.
K. FYI / Discussion
City Commission meetings are open to all members of the public. If you have a disability that requires assistance, please contact our ADA Coordinator, Mike Gray, at 582-3232 (TDD 582-2301).
Commission meetings are televised live on cable channel 190 and streamed live at www.bozeman.net. City Commission meetings are re-aired on cable Channel 190 Wednesday night at 4 p.m., Thursday at noon, Friday at 10 a.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m.
In order for the City Commission to receive all relevant public comment in time for this City Commission meeting, please submit via www.bozeman.net or by emailing email@example.com no later than 3:00 PM on the day of the meeting. Public comment may be made in person at the meeting as well.