Short Term Rentals
City of Bozeman Meeting Agendas
Citizen Engagement Info
Bozeman Strategic Plan
Transportation Plan Update
Bozeman UDC Code Update
Trail, Open Space, and Parks Project
Budgets and Financials
GIS - Mapping
Licensing, Rentals, Utilities
Admin Orders and Policies
Agenda and Events
Citizen Advisory Boards
Online City Hall
GIS - Mapping
City Attorney's Office
Signs and Signals
Water - Divisions
Payroll and Benefits
$58,514 - $64,301/year
*Starting salary dependent on experience and qualifications.
(Not-negotiable outside of the salary range listed)
Fair Labor Standards Act Status
Typically Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Open Until Filled with a 1
review deadline of March 20, 2017 @ 5pm
In this essential role you will be responsible for applying professional standards to planning, administration, coordination, research and implementation of community planning, development, and revitalization. The ideal candidate will have experience in urban design. This position requires friendly and consistent customer service to a variety of groups and individuals including, but not limited to other City employees, Municipal, State, and Federal officials, representatives of neighborhood organizations, business and community organizations, architects, engineers and the general public. This includes verbal communication and professional level written reports in regard to standards and policies concerning building permits, development applications, and other various planning office activities.
This is a full-time opportunity with many benefits! As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits!
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Urban Design/Planning, Architecture, Geography, or a closely related field;
· Extensive (at least 6 years) experience in planning or a related field;
· Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Thorough knowledge of land use theory, urban design, economics, finance operations, land use laws, demographics, environmental design, resource development and ecology;
· Thorough knowledge of subdivision platting processes;
· Thorough knowledge of the methods used for citizen involvement in planning projects;
· Substantial knowledge of data gathering and research techniques;
· Substantial knowledge of cartographic principles and methods;
· Substantial knowledge of GIS, Power Point, and computer usage;
· Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering designs and specifications; and
· Membership in American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) is desired and preference will be given to AICP members;
*For a more thorough list of required knowledge, skills, and abilities, please refer to the attached job description.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS
· Valid Driver’s License (must obtain valid Montana Driver’s License within 60 days of employment);
· Offers for employment conditional upon satisfactory completion of appropriate post condition offer process.
· Complete a City of Bozeman Application online at
(application link below);
· Attach a Cover Letter and Resume.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED! PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ENTIRELY AND SUBMIT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS!
Join us at the City of Bozeman, the “Most Livable Place!”
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY
Job Description - READ ONLY DO NOT SUBMIT
City of Bozeman Application
Additional Work History - ATTACH TO ONLINE APPLICATION ONLY IF NEEDED
Update your Adobe Reader -