· On Monday, April 24 at 6pm, Assistant City Manager Chuck Winn will be in front of the Commission with Staff’s recommendations on Short Term Rentals. The staff report will be available on Thursday, April 20 after noon at http://www.bozeman.net/agenda.
· More information on the new rules and other public hearings for STRs here.
2) Turn Water Into Wheels!
· Turn Water Into Wheels! Join Mayor Taylor this April in the National Mayor’s Challenge for Water Conservation to help Bozeman win “Most Water Wise” City. If you’ve pledged and Bozeman wins, you’ll be entered to win hundreds of prizes from energy-friendly lightbulbs to a Toyota Prius. Bozeman has been bouncing between 1st and 2nd place since the challenge began. Let’s secure 1st place so that a Bozeman resident can win a Toyota Prius! Go to www.mywaterpledge.com from April 1 through April 30 to make your pledge.
3) It’s Road Construction Season!
· Check out the 2017 Major Road Construction Projects.
4) The City of Bozeman received the 2016 Tree City USA recognition by the Arbor Day Foundation!
· Bozeman was named a 2016 Tree City USA by the Arbor Day Foundation in honor of its commitment to effective urban forest management. The city achieved Tree City USA recognition by meeting the program’s four requirements: a tree board or department, a tree-care ordinance, an annual community forestry budget of at least $2 per capita and an Arbor Day observance and proclamation.
· Map of projects
· Project status
· Call the Community Development Department 582-2260 for more information on any of these projects or visit their office to view plans at 20 E Olive St. You can also make an appointment with the planner (in parentheses behind the project name) to discuss the project in more detail.
A. Valley Commons Building C Site Plan (Jadin) Revisions
3991 Valley Commons Drive. A site plan application for a 3,031 square foot commercial building. The site includes two existing buildings and existing parking and circulation.
B. 17130 Spratt Office Building SP (Jadin)
304 Gallatin Park Dr. A site plan application for a 3-story commercial building including related site improvements.
C. 17131 Spratt Conditional Use Permit (Jadin)
304 Gallatin Park Dr. Request for personal and convenience services in the M-1 district.
D. 17122 Midtown Apartments INF (Rogers) – located in the Midtown Neighborhood
511 West Peach Street. An informal application on a proposed 9 (nine) unit three story residential apartment building with, parking, parkland dedication, and associated site improvements.
E. 17137 Cannery District Phase 2 and Building K (Krueger) – located in the Northeast Neighborhood Association (NENA)
117 East Oak Street.. Proposed construction of an 11,000 square foot commercial building with related site improvement and the construction of the Cannery District Phase 2 parking and circulation.
F. 17114 Clow Garage ADU Conditional Use Permit (Garber) Revisions – located in the South Central Neighborhood (SCAN)
721 S. Grand Ave. Conditional Use Permit and Certificate of Appropriateness for the demolition and reconstruction of the detached garage with an accessory dwelling unit (ADU) in the R-1 zoning district. Revisions received addressing code corrections.
1) 17050 Yellowstone Theological Institute Final Plat (Krueger) Ongoing
2) 17133 BKCP Apartments INF (WerBell) April 26
3) 17151 South University District Phase 2 Site Plan (WerBell) April 26
4) 17154 The Yellowstone Center Site Plan, COA, CUP (Krueger) April 26
5) 17155 The Yellowstone Center Master Site Plan (Krueger) April 26
6) 17150 The Lakes at Valley West Ph. 4 Preliminary PUD (Saunders) April 26
7) 17102 Summerland Condos Site Plan (Boughan) April 26
8) 17026 Montana Innovation Campus Site Plan (Krueger) Revisions April 26
9) 17027 Montana Innovation Campus Master Site Plan (Krueger)Revisions April 26
10) 17167 Lewis & Clark Lot 3 Office Building (Boughan) May 3
11) 17169 Cattail 4-Plex Site Plan (Boughan) May 3
12) 17170 HRDC’s Beall Street Minor Subdivision Pre-Application (WerBell) May 3
13) 17186 North Grand Housing Site Plan (Jadin) May 10
14) 17188 BG Mill Site Plan (Krueger) May 10 – located in the Northeast Neighborhood Association (NENA)
15) 17181 Costco Addition Concept PUD (Owens) May 10
o To better manage the activities in the parks and the size of groups reserving pavilions, each pavilion has been assigned a maximum capacity for a reservation. These are the 7 pavilions that we reserve and their capacity: Bogert Park-200, Bozeman Pond-100, East Gallatin Recreation Area-50, Lindley Park-50, Beall Park-20, Kirk Park North-15, and Kirk Park South-15. If you have any questions or would like to reserve a pavilion, please call 582-2290 or stop by the Beall Park Recreation Center at 415 N. Bozeman Ave.
o Doggie Meet-Up & Tricks Contest: Friday, May 5th – noon to 1:30pm
City of Bozeman Event Calendar: www.bozeman.net/events
o Monday, April 17 – 6 PM – City Hall, Commission Room (121 N Rouse)
o Thursday, April 18 – 6:30 PM – Bozeman Library, Large Community Room (626 E Main)
o Thursday, April 20 – 6 PM – City Hall, Commission Room (121 N Rouse)
o Saturday, April 22 – 8 AM – Bozeman Library (626 E Main)
o More information and sign-up to cleanup: www.bozeman.net/cleanupday
o Saturday, April 22 – 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM – Logan Landfill
o Tuesday, April 24 – 6 PM – City Hall, Commission Room (121 N Rouse)
o Tuesday, April 25 – 6:30 PM – Hyalite Elementary (3600 W Babcock)
o Wednesday, April 26 – 6:30 PM – Hyalite Elementary (3600 W Babcock)
o Friday, April 28 – 5 PM – Bozeman Library, Large Community Room (626 E Main)
o Thursday, May 18 – 6:30 PM – Lindley Center (1102 E Curtis)